As winter fades away and the days get longer, it's always a good idea to take care of some car spring maintenance to get your Mercedes in top shape. Winter can be harsh on your car, so follow our spring car care checklist to make sure your Mercedes-Benz is ready to go when the sun hits and you're itching to get out on the road again.
Under the Hood
Take care of your engine by performing the following underhood maintenance this spring:
- If you haven't done so recently, have your A or B Service performed by a factory trained technician. Winter driving can be hard on your engine and a fresh oil change, tire rotation, and inspection can go a long way!
- Check your fluid levels, including coolant and transmission, brake and power steering fluids. You will want to confirm that your air conditioning is functioning and have it inspected by a factory trained technician.
- Inspect and change your filters as necessary. A clean air filter can help improve fuel economy. Your Mercedes is equipped with a cabin filter, change it as well to avoid spring pollen and allergens.
Spring is a perfect time to have your Mercedes A or B Service performed! Contact us to schedule your appointment today!
Wheels and Suspension
Your contact with the ground is important, so verify the following wheel and suspension-related items:
- Check your tire pressure. You should do this on a regular basis and especially at the start of spring. Cold weather can affect the pressure in your tires, so make sure they are properly inflated for spring.
- Verify your rims and tires with a visual inspection. Look for any nails or sharp objects stuck in your rubber. Check for any damage to your wheels from hitting curbs or potholes.
- Have your suspension and alignment checked. This is difficult to do on your own, so turn to a trusted repair shop. Winter driving and rough roads can cause misalignment in your steering and suspension.
Body and Chassis
If you're in a region where salt is used on the roads in winter, you need to pay particular attention in spring:
Give your car a thorough wash and wax. This will remove any winter road dirt, including salt and sand that can cause corrosion. Waxing your car will help protect it from the spring and summer sun.
- Pay special attention to rinsing out your wheel wells and chassis. Check under your hood and carefully remove any accumulated dirt, as well as behind your gas tank door and around your grille and radiator.
- Clean your windows and apply an anti-rain product to help keep your windshield clear when the spring rain falls. Consider changing your wiper blades if harsh winter weather has damaged them.
If you follow our spring car maintenance checklist, your car will be ready to go for daily driving or your next road trip. Spring is also a good time to give your car a good interior cleaning, so either get your vacuum out or find a local car detailing specialist for a deep clean.
Here at Burdi Motorworks, we specialize in Mercedes-Benz vehicles and would be happy to help you take care of any spring car maintenance items. Simply give us a call or visit our Schiller Park, Illinois, location and we'll go over your Mercedes so you can fully enjoy spring from behind the wheel.