Your car benefits from regularly scheduled maintenance. Regular oil changes, fluid replacements and parts inspections can save you money long-term and prevent catastrophic damages from happening due to neglect.
If you own a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, chances are you’re at least somewhat familiar with Service A and Service B maintenance intervals. These procedures were developed by Mercedes-Benz to ensure your car receives the finest care and attention to ensure its optimal long-term operation. Service B procedures are generally a bit more involved than Service A routines, though both were created to ensure your Mercedes-Benz is well-cared for throughout its lifespan.
Our team at Burdi Motorworks in Schiller Park, IL is well-versed in all aspects of Mercedes-Benz Service A and Service B techniques. Let’s take a look at what the Service B routine entails to get a better understanding of how it keeps your Mercedes-Benz running smoothly.
Mercedes-Benz Service B: The Basics
Your Mercedes-Benz vehicle will likely alert you when it’s ready for a Service B maintenance procedure with a message on your dashboard. Typically, these will need to occur every 20,000 miles. When your Mercedes-Benz is ready for a Service B procedure, bring it to Burdi Motorworks, where we’ll perform the following:
- Oil change/oil filter replacement
- Tire inspection: We’ll make sure your tires are properly inflated and that good tread life remains. We will rotate your tires to ensure they continue to wear evenly.
- Throttle linkage inspection and lubrication
- Lamp examination: Headlamps, interior lamps, warning lamps, turn signals and horn
- Parking brake check
- Brake inspection: Pad and rotor check
- Joint inspection, boot inspection and Poly-V inspection
- Headlamp and windshield washer system check
- S-Class seatbelt and backrest lock check
- Fluid level check and top off
- Steering system inspection
- Dust filter inspection: Available for CLK, C-Class, SLK and E-Class models without an active charcoal filter
- FSS counter reset: The Flexible Service System (FSS) is the indicator that alerts you to Service A and Service B routines. We’ll make sure this is properly calibrated, so it will alert you to your next Service A or Service B interval.
Should our technicians find anything during the Service B procedure that requires immediate attention, we’ll be sure to let you know and walk you through any necessary repairs.
Contact Burdi Motorworks for Your Mercedes-Benz Service B Routine Today
Burdi Motorworks, conveniently located in the Chicago suburb of Schiller Park, IL, has decades of experience identifying, diagnosing and repairing Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Our founder, Carmine Burdi, is a German-trained expert in Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Carmine has entrusted the day-to-day operations of his business to his sons, Carmine and Vince, who have proudly upheld the family’s tradition for thorough workmanship and caring customer service.
Don’t just take our word for it, however — read what our satisfied customers have had to say about our commitment to providing the finest Mercedes-Benz services the Chicago area has to offer.
If your Mercedes-Benz is in need of a Service B procedure, contact us today, and our friendly, knowledgeable team will be in touch to accommodate your request.